Become a Founding Benefactor
Back in 1925, the retreat house in Chester was opened with the funding of fifteen visionary and generous benefactors. Their initial funding opened a house which then ran for more than three-quarters of a century before the practicalities and expense of running a large residential centre saw it close.
We are finding a new way of offering retreat in the city. To achieve our vision of a non-residential city-based twenty-first century retreat house, serving as wide a range of people as possible, we are seeking (at least) fifteen Founding Benefactors. We are asking individuals and organisations who are able to do so to consider a founding donation of £5000 or more.
To recognise your support, we will offer:
- a permanent record of your name as a Founding Benefactor on a fixture in the retreat house, along with the house motto ‘Peace to this house. To those who enter, to those who dwell here, to those who depart…Peace.’
- a thank you certificate
- regular updates
- your name (and logo if applicable) on our website
- an invitation to the opening of the retreat house
- complimentary ticket to our annual keynote event
- your name recorded in any future publication we make to celebrate the history and development of Retreat House Chester
- the satisfaction of seeing your donation make a real difference and bring the benefits of retreat to the city
We are already attracting national interest and believe that the development of Retreat House Chester will inspire other projects elsewhere. We will offer such projects the help of our experience: in this way, your donation will help to fund provision not just in Chester but far beyond our own city walls.
If you would like to discuss this further, we would be delighted. For this, or to donate, please write to the trustees at our postal address Retreat House Chester, 9 Abbey Square, Chester CH1 2HU.