The Fifteen Appeal
We are inviting you to join the story of Retreat House Chester and bring the benefits of retreat right to the heart of the city and the heart of everyday life.
We are fundraising through our start-up appeal. Chester’s former retreat house was first opened with the funding of fifteen benefactors. So, mindful of the generous joint effort and visionary initiative of these fifteen people, we are calling this The Fifteen Appeal, and are asking people to consider donations based on multiples of £15, although any sum at all is welcome.
We aim to raise £150 000 to enable us to
- take on temporary premises, run our programme and fundraise
- take on, refurbish and equip our retreat house
- build towards a sustainable future
We will do this through
- The Fifteen Appeal
- seeking grant funding
- programme income
We would love you to join us at this stage in the story of Retreat House Chester, rooted in time and reinvented for today.
How can you help?
- download the donation form to send a cheque (payable to Retreat House Chester) to Retreat House Chester, 9 Abbey Square, Chester CH1 2HU. Please note that we receive donations only by cheque.
- fundraising activities, either yourself or as a community (see some fundraising ideas)
- consider becoming a Founding Benefactor
- attend one of our events
- spread the word
IMPORTANT: We fully expect things to go to plan – but it is always possible that the unexpected may happen. This is a general appeal and money raised will support the charity in its aim of bringing retreat to the city.